12.09.2008

Warmth of Christmas Season

I do love Thanksgiving and Christmas. It's my favorite time of the year. I officially got into the spirit this past weekend when the snow fell and wanted to listen to Christmas music. We have no decorations up, but hopefully we can dig them out on Friday. And just maybe...we'll send out a Christmas card or letter for the 1st time this year :). That would be amazing if I get to it!

I know it's a tough time for families this year managing expectations for gifts. And many are choosing to scale back. But I think this is so great and refreshing. I'm just as guilty as everyone else making Christmas way too commercial and frenzied. Instead of wanting and desiring more I love the idea of keeping things simple and focused. I heard this from someone in college, "Jesus is the reason for the season." A bit cheesy, but nice to remember.

Here are TV Christmas classics that are very nostalgic for us:
1. The Grinch
2. A Charlie Brown Christmas
3. Rudolph the red-nosed reindeer

So yes, I've caught the warm fuzzies of Christmas. Also, the past few weeks we've been without heat, but it actually has been quite fun. It's a game to see how we much we can increase the temperature with the lights, TV, fireplace, and oven on. We've discovered that we can crank up the temperature from 59 to 63 in 3 hours with just these simple activities. Another cool experiment is seeing how much Curt alone can raise the temperature just by spinning on his bike trainer. After 45 minutes on the trainer it can go from 60 t0 62! Amazing!

3 comments:

Curt Wood said...

heat is overrated.

Mindy said...

Brr..no heat?! I'm too wimpy for that! Enjoy your Christmas celebrating!

Shanna said...

I watched The Charlie Brown Christmas last night with Audrey, love it.