9.02.2008

Welcome Fall!

The last few weeks of August were a mixture of fun/relaxation and lots of photoshoots. We returned from an amazing time in Lutsen with family (photos to come). Labor Day weekend this year was especially nice because Curt had four days off from work. We were busy, but also had plenty of time to enjoy each other's company.

On Friday we had a surprise birthday dinner for Curt at the 128 Cafe in St. Paul. Thanks to everyone who came! On Saturday we went back to St. Paul for David and Hannah's grill out with a bunch of local triathlon people and other friends. On Sunday we drove to Minneapolis to do the Victory 10K Race. Nice job Heidi on a wonderful race! It was hard, but well worth it. After the race we drove to Mankato for a grill out with Curt's family! Then we drove back to Chaska where we crashed on our couch to watch the season opener of Prison Break!!!!!!! LOVE THE SHOW!!!! It's sometimes too violent for my eyes, but I try my best to watch 90% of the show.

What's happening now? I'm happy to get back into my editing and catching up on things related to the business. Curt is gearing up for the triathlon nationals in Portland. We will be leaving in 2 weeks. I'm signed up for Chicago Marathon, but am not in marathon shape. I will do the bare minimum training for Chicago Marathon.

Today is the first day of school for most kids across America. I hope things are going well for all my teacher friends out there!!! I do miss it, but I have faith that me and Curt are in a good spot for now. I'm embracing this season in our lives!

2 comments:

kborn said...

Sounds like loads of fun.

I'm hoping to be in town Oct 3rd and 6th...available to chill either night? I'll be staying with friends in Eden Prairie, but we could maybe meet at Nikki's again??

Christine and Curt said...

Hey Katie! I was just going to try to contact you about your plans for MN. I'll be around. I can meet you in EP or at Nate and Nikki's. Or if you guys want to come over for dinner that's cool too. Maybe I can take a few pics of Quinn!?!