11.08.2007

2 more days

Hi everyone!!!!! We are really excited. We have off from school today and tomorrow. We are joyfully finishing up last details. I still need to work on the name cards for the assigned seating. And i'm making a list of things we need to pack up for the ceremony, reception, and essential clothing items like my dress!

Anyway, on wednesday at school I took down my name sign on the classroom door. on tuesday when i come back I will no longer be Ms. Mai, but Mrs. Wood. My kids are pretty excited for me, but are a bit weirded out by the name change. I told them I won't answer their questions unless they call me by my new name.

If anyone could send me a list of places I need to contact to get my name changed that would be great!

3 comments:

Christine and Curt said...

ooooo....thanks nikki...i might have to take a day off from work to take care of this business...

Shanna said...

Wow, I think Nikki covered almost everything, it's funny the other day after 5 years of marriage for us also, I almost wrote my maiden name, ha.

kborn said...

I hope your day was awesome! We were thinking of you as we ate our dinner last night.

*The passport is renewal is free if you've gotten it in the last year.

The other fun part to changing your name is the credit card companies you've called to cancel accounts and then you get nasty letters from them months later asking "why have you moved and not informed us?"...when there's no more credit account with them!!! Some companies do not understand CANCEL MY ACCOUNT.

Other than that, my college friends still call me "rebarchik" and will forever and ever...even now that I'm Born. They don't know me as that person! :)