5.06.2007

we are under 30 days and our early dating days

school is just about over. the kids at school are excited for summer. i think the staff are even more excited. we are almost done for the year!

i just did a google search on "hating mondays". i guess a lot of people out there hate mondays and are willing to write about it too! cool! for me the thought of going back to work on monday makes me cringe with discomfort. i end up napping to avoid thinking about it or telling Curt about how much I hate mondays.

this weekend was a blast. it was very stress free. on friday we got to see Anton and Nicole. The four of us dined at the Good Earth and then went to the AMC theatres in southdale to watch Spiderman 3. i totally dig the movie! even if it was a bit cheesey. then on saturday i spent much of the morning recovering from the week by brainlessly sitting on the couch. then i went to my brother's Grand March for prom. it was fun to see all of the colorful attire. then Curt and I went to Chipotle to chow down on burritos. I will never get sick of Chipotle. finally on Sunday I went for a really short run in the morning to clear my mind and prepare for the week. i worked up a pretty good appetite. i drove home from lifetime to meet up with curt's family for breakfast. we went to the original pancake house in eden prairie. the pancakes were really good this time. i sure am glad that me and curt share a love for breakfast.

can you believe it? cinco de mayo makes it two years that curt and i have known each other. it was cool to think back to the early dating stuff. here is a breakdown of our 1st four dates:

1. perkins in chanhassen on a thursday night in May. i remember running a bit late because i had a long run to do that night and needed time to shower and get ready. my first thought: wow. he is quite tall. if i stand behind him I have a very nice view of his butt. my second thought, he's easy to talk to and is a really good listener. my third thought, he has cute dimples.

2. broders pasta bar in mpls and then a walk around lake harriet. my first thought: wow. he is quite tall. my second thought: i enjoy talking to him. my third thought: it is very easy to hang out with him and I like him a lot. it was a really fun night.

3. a walk through the U of MN arboretuem in chanhassen and then a Jacki Chan movie. this was a really fun afternoon. i think we realized that we shared a lot of things in common. i also knew that we had a serious connection. we talked about life goals and shared what we most value in life.

4. we went to the Super T to pick up ingredients for a picnic dinner. we walked to a lake in Chaska and just hung out and ate our sandwiches and grapes. it was super low key and easy. then we walked back and rented a movie.

there is not a whole lot of conflict that occurs in our lives. the one time where i remember being really mad at him was after a triathlon. and really it was my own fault because i was getting really impatient and was terribly hot (i can't stand hot weather). how was he suppose to know that i was ready to go?

No comments: