4.30.2007

Sunday in Florida


















The day finally arrives! We were both up by 4 am. I needed to shower and Curt needed to digest his cereal and oatmeal. We met up with Heidi in the hotel lobby at 4:45 am and left for the race. It was still very dark out. I will leave it up to Curt to provide his version of the race. For me it was really fun to be a spectator. The weather was amazingly perfect, the race site was cool, and it was fun to see lots of people. I was excited that Curt had a good race. It's always fun to do well.

Conclusion: Awesome long weekend. I was able to escape, even if for a little bit from the stresses of my routine. But it's nice to be back at home. We also made a few interesting observations. Is the way of life so relaxed that customer service is so slow? We had many experiences where our waitress or counter barista was moving at a snails pace. Also, we spotted more transgender people than usual. Any reason why?


3 comments:

Curt Wood said...

OK, I just noticed this but check out the picture of all of us walking up to the start in our wetsuits. The guy next to me is totally checking out my butt! :)

Shanna said...

Sounds like you had an amazing vacation, just what you both needed!

brent said...

Yup, that trany is definatly checking out your butt.