4.22.2007

Constructing the wedding party outfit




The bridesmaid dresses came in! After picking them up I rushed to Savvi Formalwear in Southdale to see how they look next to the chocolate brown tuxes. At first I was a bit bummed by what I saw, the browns didn't match (I expected this), but knew that with the right accessories I could pull off a rich tonal look for the wedding party!

The rental accessories at Savvi didn't really satisfy my tastes for the groomsmen. So I decided it would be a nice gesture to buy ties for them to wear and keep. I went to the men's department at Macy's and bought a bunch of ties and brought them back to the tux store. Nothing really looked good. I asked the Savvi people if I could take the tux jacket to Macy's to do some color coordinating. It was okay with them.

With the help of some friendly Macy's sales people we found a tie that matched the girls' dresses perfectly. Unfortunately there was only 1 at the store! So today I went to the Mall of America and cleaned out their entire inventory (i purchased 3 more ) of Joe ties by Joseph Abboud.

1 comment:

Shanna said...

Awesome, can't wait to try on my dress!