11.04.2008

It's not quite over...

it's been an amazing election day and night.

I'm very interested to see who Obama will appoint to his cabinet. I'm also worried about the challenges and expectations he will have to shoulder over the next four years.

I feel very lucky to have witnessed an African American be elected president too. I really have no idea what impact race played on the election. But for me this strikes such an emotional cord. Obama has certain qualities that remind me of Dr. King Jr, my all time hero. i'm very hopeful and very interested in what the next four years will bring. Thanks America!

2 comments:

Shanna said...

I am so excited for this huge milestone. It was cool to hear an 84 year old man today say that he never though in his lifetime he would get to see us have an African American President. How cool!

Carolyn said...

I think this is a great thing too. Not only is Obama the first African-American president, but I think he is qualified to move the country in a different direction. We shall see what the next few years will bring!! What interesting times in history for all of us, that's for sure.