9.14.2008

Sporting a new haircut

Getting your haircut is super fun because your head always feels more free and bouncy. It's a liberating feeling. I've had different hairdos...from long layers to a short pixie all the way back to shoulders...then repeat.
For many years I relied on the great hair dresser Ande who worked at Moxie Hair Salon in Uptown, but now works at Salon Stella in NE Mpls, to help me through the transitions. She knows the quirks to my hair and how to tame them. After the 35W bridge closing it became quite burdensome to make a trip to see her. Not to mention spending $50 six times a year was getting to be too much. So I explored different salons in Chaska. Nothing seemed to compare...until I gave Great Clips a chance! I've been there twice now and I really have enjoyed the results! Of course I miss the hairdresser/client bond that I had with Ande (I vow to return to her someday), but $14 for a respectable haircut can't be beat!!!! I got a haircut today, this is what it looks like:

And here is a random, most recent portrait of my dear hubby. He makes me laugh and giggle:

4 comments:

Mindy said...

Cute haircut!

Heidi said...

Ooh, I long for that free and bouncy feeling. I also love the way my hair smells after a cut - why can't I recreate that at home? Love the new do! And you should post a pic of yourself with a pixie - I've always wanted to go that short!

Shanna said...

I would love to see a pic of you with the pixie cut too. I like the new cut, it's great to get a haircut. I miss the bond with the lady who cut my hair too, but it was too expensive, so I made the switch.

kborn said...

looking good!!! q says 'ah oh ma da ahhhhhhhhhhh'