8.12.2008

List: Reasons/Vision for doing photography

So here is a RANDOM list of why I do photography and where I want to take my business:
1. It's artistic and gives you an opportunity to serve.
2. It's fun to bring joy to others
3. There is something special about freezing a moment in time.
4. Long term goal: I would like to use it to bring awareness to "injustices".
5. Long term goal: I would like to document the world while traveling with my family.
6. Help people tell their story through images.
7. Long term goal: Be a master of shooting in natural light.
8. The act of taking pictures is fun.

Also, this is just an opinion, but for me to take the best pictures you really have to love your subject and see something great in them.

Let's see if this list changes in the future!

4 comments:

Heidi said...

Another good list! Well, you certainly bring joy to others. My entire family is flipping over Lucy's pictures!

Shanna said...

We are loving your photography also, Brent is on his way to pic up our prints right now, I can't wait.

Randi said...

I went to your blog to see little Lucy's pictures and they were so dear. You have a gift of capturing these little ones dearest expressions.

Then I read your list and I thought.... I need to get to know this person. We fight for equality for our gay son. Photography is very emotional ... it touches people at their core ... maybe I can figure out a way you can fight the injustice of inequality the gay community faces.

Mindy said...

Awesome list, Christine.