8.04.2008

Firehouse 50

On Saturday Curt along with Brian Bich, Kevin O'Connor, and David Thompson raced together in a team bike race. They rode 50 miles in under 2 hours which is about 28 miles per hour! That's fast! To get a sensation of what that speed is like, stick your head out the window next time you drive 30 mph! Which is exactly what I did during their race! For the first time ever in my life I got to drive along the bikers during the entire race! SO MUCH FUN!!!! I took pictures out the window while David's brother Brent did the driving! We had a blast following along taking pictures and ringing the cow bell! I think I'm now ready to ride on the back of a motorcycle to take pictures of the Tour de France! Ha!

5 comments:

Heidi said...

Great pictures...that IS fast, wow.

kborn said...

Your photos are amazing, C. Really great! You can tell you've got good equipment!

Carolyn said...

Cool that you got to be that close to the action! I really don't get the whole team bike race concept, so you'll have to walk me through it sometime.

Shanna said...

Sounds fun taking pictures while hanging out of the vehicle, I would have loved to have been there to see it:)

Christine and Curt said...

carolyn-next time i see you we'll have to talk about the whole concept. but from what Curt tries to tell me...being in a team is easier because you can get a draft from the person in front of you and they shield you from the wind. each person takes a turn at leading. when you are not leading technically you have a mini-break. so it's really important that everyone stays aero and tucked in a straight line if possible. hopefully that helps.