7.22.2008

Heart of the Lakes: A family affair

If I am writing this post it means that I am alive and did not drown and sink to the bottom of the lake! I did the short course at Heart of the Lakes along with Nathan, brother in law Brent, and team moonfish (Jillian, Josh,Calvin). Curt did the long course. Despite having a delayed reaction on the swim, getting lost on the bike, and having a car hit him on the run...Curt had a great race! All of us short course racers also had spectacular races too. Check out Josh's race recap on joshandcarolyn.blogspot.com. It is seriously the best authored race recap I have ever read.

My own recap: I loved the rental wetsuit! The wetsuit (along with spandex shorts) is not my favorite look, but it did give me the extra boost of confidence I needed. The extra buoyancy allowed me to run in baywatch style and swim without lifeguard assistance. I swam off course twice, but who cares!!!! I definitely felt God's help on this one. The bike started a bit shaky because my chain fell off and I didn't know what to do. But once I got on it was so much fun cruising through farm land. The run was terribly hard. But at the turn around my legs started kicking in and things were great!

A highlight of the day was the relay team of Jillian, Josh, and Calvin. They got 2nd place!!!! Who knew they even had a chance of placing? And Jillian is a real trooper...the night before she probably only got 3 hours of sleep because of work! Another highlight was chilling out with everyone after the race. Picnics are fun! Checkout the slideshow courtesy of my dad!



Finally, here is a picture of me the day before at a wedding for Noelle and Tyler. I shot for 12 hours and was extremely tired at the end. So I am genuinely excited that I finished the race and everyone in my family did well too. Love, cw

4 comments:

Shanna said...

Looks like tons of fun, I wish i could have been there, hopefully I will make a comeback next year, we'll see how my training goes, it's been a while since I have worked out hardcore.

Carolyn said...

Haha, Josh looks like the biggest dork ever in his transition pic!! Haha. What a stud. :)

We've got more pics that weren't posted on our blog that I can email to you too. . .

Curt Wood said...

Great job to all! And to set the record straight, I didn't get lost... I made a wrong turn and realized it right away and turned around.

Anonymous said...

I love your photography and your music to the slides shows. Simply fantastic!