3.02.2008

Addiction to Girl Scout Cookies and Knowledge

on friday 3 boxes of girl scout cookies were delivered to my classroom by a fellow teacher, mom of a girl scout who I ordered cookies from. thin mints, peanut butter patties, and carmel delights...mmmm.

I am super grateful for where I am at. I'm content, but careful not to settle for mediocrity. It's so interesting. Thoughts about theology, living out a faith in a postmodern world, feeding into personal creativity, and relationships and love are starting to come more into focus.

I had some time on Saturday to meet up with my friend Regina. I attended part of a discussion led by an author of a book that is about to be published. He's a former Bethel Seminary professor now living in Norway. Anyway, a lot was spoken about food, sex, and money. Most of what was shared I simply took in and am in the process of processing. It takes me awhile to figure out what to do with information. It's like I have to send it through so many of my personal filters before I can confidently do something with it.

Anyway, on a somewhat related tangent...I like it when people are authentic. I like it when people share opinions even if it may be offensive...as the listener sometimes we have to investigate the deeper layers and ask more questions to understand. I think it's possible to speak truth when both speaker and listener understand that there is shared commitment to preserving each other's inner being.

2 comments:

Carolyn said...

Yum, Girl Scout cookies. I almost bought some this year. . . but decided not to.

Anonymous said...

When we talk about the knowledge processing Mailing list research,Web search online Form Entry and web-to-web entry is the best on line service provider.