2.27.2008

Pictures from Curt's swim meet


Getting ready to do his flip turn with Duane assisting with counting laps

Curt waiting to swim last event

The U of M aquatics center

Quality time with Curt is what refuels me after an intense week of work. It's something that I crave. We have been lucky to have lots of shared time together. It's nice to relax, talk, and to just...be. We just naturally like to create moments where we slow the pace of life down to soak things in. We are hoping to keep this value even when kids and family enter into the picture.

Last weekend was no exception. Lots of "soak time" enjoyed by us, but we did manage to venture to the U of M campus for Curt's swim meet. It was quite enjoyable in that Curt was able to gauge his fitness at this time in the training season, I had fun watching and hanging out, and it was amazing to watch his friend Duane swim the backstroke. Duane is an animal in the water. I can't explain it.

After a carefree drive around Dinkytown we picked Burrito Loco as our lunch dining destination. Our burritos were appetizing, but paled in comparison to burritos by Chipotle. It was something in the seasonings, I think. Anyway, wonderful to be back on the campus. Go Gophers!

1 comment:

Shanna said...

I don't think I have been on campus since I graduated, I would love to check it out again.

I hope that Brent and I can have some nice relaxing "soak time" also when this child arrives.