1.23.2008

My car is resurrected!

Well...could this be a blessing in disguise? I took my car in afterschool because the oil gauge went to the "h" meaning it's getting hot, hot, hot. Couple of thoughts...leaky oil somewhere (apparently my car has problems maintaining it's oil), a leaky hose, the cold caused something to breakdown, or it could be the thermostat (which would explain why my A/C doesn't work and my heat barely works). Sure enough...the thermostat needed to be replaced! Total damage: $170. Not too bad. Now my heat works. I can drive to school in the morning without having frozen feet and hands. I even cranked up the A/C. A/C seems to be working now too...but it is minus zero out there. The true test will have to occur in summer when it reaches plus 90 degrees!

I can't even imagine...to drive in a nice air conditioned car in the summer...it's something that I don't take for granted. A/C allows me to drive with the windows up which reduces sound pollution and dust pollution. A/C allows me to drive to places without arriving drenched in sweat. A/C allows me to have a conversation with Curt without yelling because the windows are down. A/C allows me to avoid smelling the farm smells when we drive down 169 to get to Mankato. A/C allows me to not dread being stuck in rush hour with the sun beating down on me and burning my skin. Oh....A/C...i hope you work this summer!!!!

3 comments:

Shanna said...

I am glad you got your car fixed, woo hoo! I sure hope it has air too, Brent knows exactly what you are going through, he has no air conditioning either.

Doug and Bev said...

I'm not sure if the thermostat has anything to do with the AC. But I am no auto expert. Are there any, more knowledgeable auto folks out there?

Carolyn said...

Yay! The old Honda lives again!