12.16.2007

Christmas is coming!

Tis the season to be jolly! I'm sure everyone is busy with their Christmas preparations! I'm trying to figure out gifts for family and finalize my cookie recipe for a cookie making competition while trying to quiet my soul for the season. It's my favorite time of the year! Both Curt and I look forward to the family celebrations.

This weekend has been fabulous. Honestly, every weekend is fabulous when we get to spend it together as newlyweds. We celebrated Brent's graduation on Friday night with dinner at Olives in Mankato. We are so happy for Brent and Shanna...Brent's done with school now and together they are happily waiting for the arrival Baby Wood. We are excited too. Anyway, on Saturday Curt's parents came up for dinner at Birchwood Cafe and holiday lights. So fun.

Today we went to Home Depot to pick up supplies to repair a leaky water hose on the washing machine. It's been an interesting weekend of home issues as Curt woke up on Saturday morning to an inside room temperature of 50 degrees! The heat works now thank goodness. We are thankful to have a roof over our heads, but sometimes little repair jobs are in order!

3 comments:

Shanna said...

Homeowner projects like that are never fun, but I am glad you got them fixed up.

I am also looking forward to family celebrations over Christmas, I am so happy to not be on call.

Mindy said...

I was waiting for some sort of "I'm going to be an aunt" announcement on here :)

marcyw said...

Wow 50 degrees! I think I wake up if it goes to about 67! Must be all his training and his efficient muscles?