7.26.2007

Dress Alterations


Last week I brought my dress to Kristen Olsen at The Dressmaker in Edina to get it altered. She has a tiny, comfy shop on 50th and France. In some ways she reminds me of Anna of Cakes by Anna in Mankato. They are both very skilled at what they do, but have more of a reserved and quiet personality. Well, the total cost of the alterations is like $200! I'm getting the dress shortened, adding a bustle, taking the chest area in so that it fits tight, tight, tight, and getting bra cups sewn in.

i won't see the dress again until October. for a split millisecond i was a bit sad, but am fine now. I have one more fitting and she is going to press the dress for me about 1-2 weeks before the wedding.

one thing I learned...she also makes custom couture wedding gowns for the bride who simply can't find anything that she likes in the stores...maybe there is a specific style, color, size, or material that a dress is lacking...she can make it!

No comments: