7.10.2007

5 more days until my first tri!

Well, I can't believe the triathlon is almost here. The triathlon crew had a practice swim on the 4th when we were at Lake Riley. It is so hard swimming in a lake! You can't see anything and there are weird, leafy things in a lake that get onto your face, legs, arms, etc. We all survived the practice swim despite our nervousness and me being afraid. The slightest bump with another swimmer totally throws me off. I'll have to expect that I will be bumping into a lot of swimmers that morning. Yikes!

My very 1st lake swim was with my sister at Lake Nokomis about a week earlier. Same thing...you have no visibility and no sense of direction. All I can say is that finishing the triathlon will be a huge accomplishment for me.

2 comments:

Shanna said...

I agree, it will be a huge accomplishment for me too, I can't wait.

Rebecca said...

It's amazing how difficult it is to swim in a lake compared to a pool! Add some weeds and some wakes and my form is totally shot. But it's the same for everyone. You can do it!