5.21.2007

What did we get at Best Buy?!?!













For awhile we had discussed the fun factor and practicality of owning a camera that was better than my Sony 2.0 megapixel digital camera I got for Christmas 5 years ago. Also, there are some major events coming up in our lives that would be really fun to capture on camera: my 1st triathlon, Curt's summer of tri races, Calvin's graduation, and not to mention our wedding festivities. I personally did not do a lot of research, but knew I wanted a Canon.

Coincidentally, Curt's dad mentioned that Best Buy was offering some tempting package deals on cameras. On Saturday night we had a serious itch to buy a nice camera. With a budget of $350 in mind we made a trip to Best Buy. We did look at cameras within our budget, but somehow found ourselves drawn to the SLR cameras. Once we got our hands on the digital Canon Rebel XTI....there was no turning back. We fell in love instantly. We were so excited!

The pictures in the post were ones taken for practice. They are very amateur I know, but we are excited to become more knowledgeable of photography and the capabilities of our stealth bomb camera!

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

Funny, we are actually thinking about buying a new digital camera too! The protective plastic lens contraption broke off. . . you'll have to let me know how you like your new toy!