2.19.2007

First conversation with Pastor Al



On Sunday we met with Pastor Al in Mankato. It was the first conversation we had with him as a couple to talk about marriage preparations. He started by asking us about our dating process. After sharing our story he then asked questions about finances, children, and creating a physical home. We had already discussed these things as early as a year ago so it was quite easy to share answers. We had a nice experience.

For me I was extra interested in talking about the design and timeline for the ceremony. I guess I kind of had it set in my mind that we would include two new testament readings and one old testament reading. In addition to the classic wedding instrumental music, I also would like to have an old hymn and contemporary worship song sung at the ceremony.

Finally we concluded the day with an evening meal consisting of a crock pot creation, salad, breadsticks, and a yummy chocolate dessert with Curt's family.

No comments: